Friday, May 27, 2005

News

I really should start writing more often. It has been almost half a year since my last entry. But it's really no fun writing when no one's reading or giving feedback on what I write. There are a few problems to letting people know about this blog.
  1. If I send the URL to those who knew me in college, they might figure out who is THE GUY I always write about. I would be so embarassed if anyone from college found out my crush on HIM.
  2. I did write about a very close and dear friend while I was angry with her. So, she might figure out that I was writing about her and be hurt.
Maybe I should just risk it. So what if people know about my BIG crush? It's not like I even see HIM anymore. We barely contact each other. Sometimes HE might suddenly send sms, email or if I'm lucky, call. Once in a blue moon.
If my friend figures out that I was writing about her, "Sorry, jangan marah ye!"
Anyway, news...
I recently got a job as a caption writer. It's just part time but my boss says if I want to apply for a permanent post, she'll give a recommendation for me to take the entry exam. But I'm not sure if I want to be a journalist. I don't think I have the drive for it. We'll see in a few months after I've settled in. Maybe I'll get the writing bug.
Speaking of writing bugs, I won second place in a French poetry writing contest at Alliance Francaise a couple of months ago. This is the poem...

Mon Trésor

On rassemble l’or,
Des bijoux et des pièces de monnaie.
Ces trésors qu’ils ne partagent pas.
Mon trésor que je partage,
Ce n’est pas de l’or, ce ne sont pas des bijoux,
Ces sont mes mémoires.
Les bonnes mémoires sont pour des rires.
Les mauvaises mémoires m’ont enseigné des leçons.
Ces memoires sont mon trésor.
Mon trésor que je partage avec vous.

My Treasure

One collects gold,
Jewels and coins.
These treasures that they don’t share
My treasure that I share,
It is not gold, it is not jewels.
It is my memories.
The good memories are for laughs.
The bad memories taught me lessons.
These memories are my treasure.
My treasure that I share with you.

It's sappy, I know. But I won second place! the prize was some books and a free dinner at a French reasturant for one person. I didn't want to go alone. So just before my birthday, I asked a guy from my class to go with me. He said he was free but he'll let me know. Turned out he was busy and I lost the mood to go. I gave him the coupon to enjoy with someone else. So disappointing! I almost had him!
This is a very long entry to make for the last 6 months. I'll try to write again soon.

No comments: