Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Plump and proud of it!

It's been a while since I've last blogged. The thing is every time I want to type something, I think of what would happen if someone I know read the things I write about them. So, I don't blog. But now, I have to before I lose my nerve. What's the use of having a blog if you DON'T blog, right?

The past week, my mother has been training me for the assessment centre. She's also insisting on putting me on a diet. At first, she told me to only drink milk mixed with freshly squeezed orange juice and eat green apples if I get too hungry. I was supposed to do this for three straight days and then eat normal food for the rest of the week. The routine is repeated the next week. I, having no willpower at all, survived 2 days before I was drooling for real food. Now, I can eat only boiled or baked things, vegetables and fruits. No fried food and no rice. Luckily for me, I like baked fish. Have to fight with the cat for the fish though...

This brings me to the one thing I hate the most... weight! I can usually take a joke or two about my weight. I know I'm overweight. So, what?! Does it make me less of a woman? Is it only the thin and slim that gets everything? It's now wonder that girls and some boys suffer from bulimia and aneroxia. The pressure to be thin and slim is so great in the world. We are being bombarded by pictures in tv of silly fat women, dark skinned women not getting attention until they become fairer, etc. Well, I'm PROUD to be plump and dark! So, there!

No comments: